RUSSIA & UKRAINE: JRL 2015-#47 table of contents with links :: Monday 9 March 2015
Johnson’s Russia List JRL 2015-#47 :: Monday 9 March 2015
A project of the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
JRL homepage: russialist.org
JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist
JRL on Twitter: twitter.com/JohnsonRussiaLi
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php
1. Journalitico: Danielle Ryan, The Problem With Propaganda.
2. https://irrussianality.wordpress.com: Paul Robinson, THE LEGITIMATE ALTERNATIVE.
3. USA Today: Poll: Ukrainians support neutrality, disagree on war.
4. The Globe and Mail (Canada): Stephen Cornish, Eastern Ukraine’s escalating human toll.
5. Newsweek.com: Oleksandr Klymenko, How Ukraine Can Heal Itself.
6. Business New Europe: Ben Aris, Russian ruble seen appreciating by third this year.
7. Business New Europe: Mark Adomanis, Why Ukraine will fail – it’s the demography, stupid.
8. Business New Europe: Ukrainian bank insolvencies cost 9% of GDP in 2014-15.
9. The Vineyard of the Saker: Beyond the ninth circle of hell: what changes are waiting for the Ukrainian society after the war.
10. Kyiv Post: Brian Bonner, Stopping the exodus from Ukraine.
11. www.rt.com: Margarita Simonyan, Once upon a TIME.
12. Interfax: Kiev considering Donbass republics’ proposals.
13. The Guardian (UK): Angus Roxburgh, Nato is misquoting Mikhail Gorbachev.
14. Andrei Liakhov: Re Russian troops.
15. Counterpunch.org: John Wight, The Real Enemy is Hypocrisy. The Enemy is Not Russia or Putin.
16. Forbes.com: Mark Adomanis, The ‘Dying Russian Nation’ Is Not Unique.
17. Russia Insider: Alexander Merouris, Ukraine Conflict Has Strained US-German Relations. Article in Der Spiegel confirms major disagreements between Germany and US on approach to Ukrainian conflict.
18. The New Statesman (UK): Elizabeth Pond, Russia vs the west: the consequences of Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has destroyed the peace in Europe for a generation.
19. Counterpunch.org: Justin Raymond, ISIS in Ukraine. Kiev and the jihadists: a dark alliance.
20. Washington Post: Michael Birnbaum, Russia’s anti-American fever goes beyond the Soviet era’s.
21. http://warisacrime.org: David Swanson, Putin Wants to Eat Your Children.
22. http://sarahkendzior.com: Sarah Kendzior, The Future of Central Asian Studies: A Eulogy.