RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2018-211 :: Monday, 3 December 2018
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2018-#211 :: Monday, 3 December 2018
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL Home: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
1. www.rt.com: Ukrainian leadership is a party of war, and it will continue as long as they’re in power – Putin.
2. Kremlin.ru: Answers to media questions. Following the G20 Summit events, the President of Russia answered journalists’ questions.
3. Irrussianality: Paul Robinson, CASTING BLAME, NOT FINDING SOLUTIONS.
4. Russia Insider: Three Times Fewer Russians Kill Themselves Than in 2000.
5. Moscow Times: Decriminalization of Domestic Violence Was a ‘Mistake,’ Russian Official Admits.
6. Meduza: Russian state TV pundit sticks up for rappers, dropping some sick Mayakovsky lyrics.
7. Awful Avalanche: A Day In The Life Of A Siberian Clinic – Part I.
8. Awful Avalanche: A Day In The Life Of A Siberian Clinic – Part II.
9. Paul Goble: Political Polls in Russia are Useful but They are Being Misused, Shelin Says.
10. Republic.ru: Maxim Trudolyubov, Moscow Trumps Russia: How Urban Renewal Has Thrown Society Backwards. Combating Russia’s “Maidan” Has Shaped the Moscow Style of Governance.
11. Intellinews.com: Every fifth Russian worker earns less than $250 per month.
12. Interfax: PMI in Russian manufacturing climbs to 52.6 in Nov, highest since July 2017 – IHS Markit.
13. Russia Insider: Russia Says No to GMO, Becomes World’s Biggest Exporter of non-GMO Food. Russian TV overviews Russia’s astounding agriculture boom and its burgeoning exports.
14. Financial Times: Factory demise symbolises rot at core of Russian economy. Chronic under-investment, sanctions and lack of reform hold back wages and growth.
15. www.rt.com: US sanctions & protectionism strengthen bonds between Russia and China.
16. Paul Goble: Moscow Said Using Polls to Prepare Russians for Giving the Kuriles Back to Japan.
17. Valdai Discussion Club: Timofei Bordachev, Scaling Down Ambitions? G20 Agenda Evolves from Global Governance to Bilateral Consultations.
18. TASS: Kommersant: US persuades EU, NATO allies that Russia is ‘violating’ INF.
19. RFE/RL: Standoff Over INF Treaty Enters New Phase As U.S. Reveals Details Of Russian Missile.
20. Interfax: Peskov says Russia not obstructing Ukrainian ships’ passage through Kerch Strait.
21. TASS: Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Washington pushes Kiev towards war with Russia.
22. Russia Matters: RM Picks: What to Read on the Kerch Strait Crisis.
23. Intellinews.com: Ben Aris, Putin threatens to “continue the war” in Ukraine until government changed.
24. The New Kremlin Stooge: Mark Chapman, The Bathtub Navy’s Christmas Vacation.
25. Vesti.ru: Poroshenko’s Mad Gambit Failed! Russia Demonstrated Restraint With Gunboats; Means No New Martyrs!
26. The Blog Mire: Rob Slane, As Dead as a Doornail Handle. (re Skripals)
27. Atlantic Council: Peter Dickinson, From the Azov Sea to Washington DC: How Russophobia Became Russia’s Leading Export.
28. www.rt.com: Nearly half of Russians don’t like Trump – poll.
29. Washington Post: Moscow looks back with nostalgia: Bush was a steady hand while Soviet Union collapsed.
30. Financial Times: Putin official confirms Cohen contacted Kremlin over Trump Tower Moscow. Spokesman says Trump’s former lawyer sought help about potential Moscow property project.
31. Facebook: Fred Weir, Trump World Tower in Moscow story.
32. https://gilbertdoctorow.com: Gilbert Doctorow, Is the Kremlin meddling in US presidential politics? Yes, here and now.
33. Foxnews.com: Mark Penn, The Mueller investigation has come up empty on Russia — You won’t believe what’s coming next.
34. PJ Media: Roger Simon, The Russia Probe Has Nothing to Do with Russia.
35. Russia Reviewed: A BRIEF REVIEW OF “SHE’S IN RUSSIA.” (podcast)