RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2018-103 :: Thursday, 7 June 2018
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2018-#103 :: Thursday, 7 June 2018
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. TASS: Direct Line with Vladimir Putin: President’s annual Q&A session.
2. Sputnik: Highlights of Vladimir Putin’s Direct Line Q&A Session.
3. Reuters: Key quotes from Russian President Putin’s annual phone-in.
4. Kremlin.ru: Direct Line with Vladimir Putin.
5. The Cipher Brief: Michael Sulick, The Russia Threat is More Comprehensive than you Think.
6. NPR (National Public Radio): Going Down Timothy Snyder’s ‘Road To Unfreedom’
7. PBS Newshour: Russia hacked U.S. minds and undermined democracy, author says. (Clint Watts)
8. Washington Post: Kenneth Roth, Global leaders, beware: Russia will use the World Cup to whitewash its war crimes.
9. Los Angeles Times: Sabra Ayres, To prepare for soccer’s World Cup, Russia is killing stray dogs. Animal-rights activists are fighting back.
10. AP: NATO trumpets resolve over Russia, plays down divisions.