RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2018-102 :: Wednesday, 6 June 2018
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2018-#102 :: Wednesday, 6 June 2018
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Russian International Affairs Council; Robert Legvold, U.S.-Russia Relations: The Price of Cold War. A Stag at Sharkey’s… [http://russiancouncil.ru/en/analytics-and-comments/analytics/u-s-russian-relations-the-price-of-cold-war/]
2. www.rt.com: ‘Either Russia is a sovereign country, or there is no Russia’ – Putin on relations with the West.
3. www.rt.com: ‘I could be a lawyer’ – Putin on alternative career options.
4. Washington Post: Christine E. Evans and Susanne Wengle, Tomorrow Putin answers Russians’ questions on live TV. Here’s what his performance will tell us.
5. Bear Market Brief: Levada Center compares recent protests.
6. Intellinews.com: Making Russia an e-Republic.
7. Interfax: Rogozin, U.S. ambassador agree politics should not hinder space cooperation.
8. Financial Times: Harvey Sawikin, US sanctions stymie Russian corporate progress. More caps on Moscow will retard important reform.
9. New York Times: Putin Moves to Capitalize on Europe’s Fury With Trump.
10. Asia Times: M.K. Bhadrakumar, Top Russian pundit calls for Palestine talks in Moscow. (Vitaly Naumkin)
11. Asia Times: Norman A. Bailey, The Russian Gordian Knot begins to unravel.
12. Intellinews.com: Emil Avdaliani, Russia and Iran: Friends and silent foes.
13. www.rt.com: Trump’s decision to hold direct talks with Kim ‘courageous & mature’ – Putin.
14. Freedom House: Ukraine: Report on Danger of Unchecked Violence to Democratic Institutions in Ukraine.
15. Atlantic Council: Diane Francis, Ukraine’s Devastating Problem Is Only Getting Worse. “Ukrainians continue to ‘vote. with their feet by leaving, and the numbers are escalating due to pessimism at home and active recruitment by Europe.”
16. RFE/RL: In Ukraine, Prominent Journalists Targeted By ‘Russian Hit List’ Question Its Authenticity.
17. Moscow Times: Journalist Who Faked Own Death in Kiev Demands $50,000 for Interview.
18. Financial Times: Courtney Weaver, How ‘The Americans’ had the US rooting for Russia. The series charted the end of the cold war while, off-screen, tensions are escalating
19. TASS: Russia’s president comments on One Belt, One Road concept’s prospects.
20. Kremlin.ru: Interview with China Media Group.
21. Atlantic Council: Atlantic Council Launches Comprehensive Website to Track Russian Disinformation.
22. Mother Jones: David Corn, Donald Trump Is Getting Away With the Biggest Scandal in American History.
23. The Federalist: Willis Krumholz, 8 Times Obama’s Intelligence Agencies Set People Up To Fabricate The Russia Story.