RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2018-100 :: Monday, 4 June 2018
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2018-#100 :: Monday, 4 June 2018
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. The Nation[JackMatlock.com]: Jack F. Matlock Jr., Amid ‘Russiagate’ Hysteria, What Are the Facts? We must end this Russophobic insanity.
2. Lobe Log: Tony Brenton, Russia And The West: On The Brink.
3. The National Interest: Alexander Lukin, Putin’s Fourth Term: New Faces-Old Politics. Putin has set a goal of turning Russia into a “modern and vibrant country” capable of achieving breakthroughs in all areas of life.
4. Kremlin.ru: Meeting with Accounts Chamber Chairman Alexei Kudrin.
5. Bear Market Brief: Audit Chamber gets carte blanche to check regional expenditures.
6. Christian Science Monitor: Fred Weir, Russia woos a Europe feuding with US over tariffs, Iran. The United States is making life hard for Europe, both directly through new tariffs and indirectly by withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal. And that is giving Russia an opening to reset its relationship with its neighbors.
7. The National Interest: Lyle Goldstein, Don’t Be Fooled – Ukraine Is Not a Frozen Conflict. There are signs of escalation in the simmering conflict.
8. Counterpunch.org: Patrick Cockburn, The Faked Assassination of Arkady Babchenko.
[Text with links: counterpunch.org/2018/06/04/the-faked-assassination-of-arkady-babchenko/]
9. Moon of Alabama: Ukraine – The Babchenko Hoax Was Part Of A Corporate Raid.
[Text with links and photos: moonofalabama.org/2018/06/ukraine-the-babchenko-hoax-was-part-of-a-corporate-raid.html#more]
10. RFE/RL: Christopher Miller, Reporter’s Notebook: After A ‘Death’ And ‘Resurrection’ In Kyiv, Confusion And A Desire For Answers.
11. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, The NYT publishes openly fabricated 3-D analysis of the Maidan massacre.
12. The New Yorker: Masha Gessen, Translating “The Americans,” and Seeing a Mirror of My Own American Experience.
13. The National Interest: Interview: Will Russia Move to the Left? Paul Saunders interviews Russian leading journalist Maksim Shevchenko.