RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2016-16 :: Saturday, 23 January 2016
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2016-#16
Saturday 23 January 2016
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or the George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Open Society Foundations to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Interfax-Ukraine: Ukraine to reclaim Donbas this year – Poroshenko.
2. TASS: Ukrainian troops open mortar fire at Donetsk’s western suburb – media.
3. TASS: Donbas militia report shellings of unrecognized Luhansk republic.
4. Sputnik: Poroshenko May Be Open to Deal with Moscow, Waking Up to Multi-Vectoring.
5. Fort Russ: New Speculation on a Deal on Donbass.
6. Counterpunch.org: Volodymyr Chemerys, Human Rights After Euromaidan.
7. Kyiv Post: Kyiv Post journalist attacked at protest against SBU building construction.
8. BBC: Swine flu exposes Ukraine’s health flaws.
9. Counterpunch.org: Halyna Mokrushyna, Poroshenko’s ‘Bluff’ and Crimea Blockade.
10. Fort Russ: Ukrainian MP: Ukraine Is Funded by the IMF for Two Years.
11. Consortiumnews.com: Robert Parry, Kerry Pressed for MH-17 Evidence.
12. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, Winter on Fire.
13. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, Maidan Shootings.
14. Kyiv Post editorial: Obstructionist-in-chief. (Poroshenko)
15. Reuters: Ukraine acts to purge court system of bribery, corruption.
16. World Affairs: Alexander Motyl, The Negativists are Wrong on Ukraine.
17. The Guardian: Shaun Walker, Caught between Russia and the US? The curious case of Ukraine’s Dmytro Firtash. Critics say the oligarch now living in exile pushed Putin’s agenda during Maidan revolution while a US arrest warrant appeared politically motivated.
18. Paul Goble: US Appears to Have Accepted ‘Donbas Model’ Not Only for Ukraine but for Other Conflicts, Russian Analyst Says.
19. Atlantic Council: Anders Aslund, What the Falling Oil Price Means for Russia and Ukraine.
20. http://gordonhahn.com: Gordon Hahn, The Russian-American ‘Reset’, NATO Expansion, and the Making of the Ukrainian Crisis.
21. The Ukrainian Weekly (New Jersey): 2015: U.S.-Ukraine relations: support at a time of war.