RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-7 :: Sunday, 8 January 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#7
Sunday, 8 January 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Awful Avalanche: Best Wishes From Grandfather Frost and Snegurochka
2. Politico.com: The 1987 TV Miniseries That Predicted a Russian Takeover of America. Long since forgotten, ‘Amerika’ was a commercial and artistic flop. Watching it today makes for uncomfortable viewing.
3. Teen Vogue: Why Many People Believe Russian President Vladimir Putin is a Dictator.
4. New York Times: William Burns, How We Fool Ourselves on Russia.
5. Paul Goble: Kremlin Propaganda Effort Ever Less Effective on Russians, Surveys Show.
6. New York Times: Max Fisher, Russian Hackers Find Ready Bullhorns in the Media.
7. Politico.eu: Alexander Motyl, Vladimir Putin, war criminal. The Russian leader has a long record of inhumanity.
8. Foreign Affairs: Jeffrey Mankoff, Rapprochement on Russia’s Terms. Why It Won’t Work for the United States.
9. RAND Corporation: Beyond the Headlines: RAND’s Christopher Paul Discusses the Russian ‘Firehose of Falsehood’
10. PBS Newshour: Russia’s election intervention is ‘new reality, new weapon’
11. The Guardian (UK): Nick Cohen, Russian treachery is extreme and it is everywhere.
12. The New Yorker: David Remnick, TRUMP, PUTIN, AND THE BIG HACK.
13. Washington Post: Obama: I didn’t underestimate the threats from Vladimir Putin.
14. The Guardian (UK): UK intelligence gave US key tipoff about Russian hacking, report says.
15. Reuters: U.S. military vows more complex training in Europe to deter Russia.
16. Washington Post: David Filipov, Russians dismiss U.S. report accusing Putin as ‘one more giant fake’
17. Irrussianality: Paul Robinson, FACT AND COMMENT. (re intelligence report)
18. Medium: Michael Tracey, There Is Still No Hard Evidence For “Russian Hacking”
19. Facebook: Fred Weir, Merry Christmas RT.
20. www.rt.com: Bryan MacDonald, How RT became the star of CIA, FBI & NSA’s anticlimactic ‘big reveal’
21. Awful Avalanche: Margarita Simonyan Responds to Clapper’s Accusations.
22. Foxnews.com: Fred Fleitz, Was Friday’s declassified report claiming Russian hacking of the 2016 election rigged?
23. www.emptywheel.net: Marcy Wheeler, THE DECLASSIFIED RUSSIAN HACK REPORT.
24. Andrei Liakhov: A DEEP DIVE INTO THE OBAMA RESPONSE TO RUSSIAN DNC HACK (AND THEFT AND HARASSMENT)