RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#249 :: Wednesday 23 December 2015
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#249
Wednesday 23 December 2015
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or the George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Open Society Foundations to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. AP: WINTER HEAT WAVE, OF A SORT, ENVELOPS USUALLY FRIGID MOSCOW.
2. Russia Beyond the Headlines: Fyodor Lukyanov, The world in 2015: A nostalgia for balance. The year 2015 has demonstrated a severe imbalance in the world order and the impossibility of returning to interaction governed by old principles. As global players strive for a return to their individual perception of a “golden age,” Fyodor Lukyanov considers which geopolitical model appears the most likely in the near future.
3. http://warontherocks.com: Michael Kofman, The Seven Deadly Sins of Russia Analysis.
4. The Unz Review: Israel Shamir, Putin Blues.
5. Kremlin.ru: First Russian Internet Economy Forum.
6. www.rt.com: ’14 years of occupation by world’s richest nation, Afghanistan remains desperate’
7. The National Interest: Michael Peck, America’s Cold War Master Plan to Nuke Russia. Now for the first time, we know which Russian cities would have been destroyed, and why.
8. Russia Beyond the Headlines/Rossiyskaya Gazeta: From literary jam to live readings: Recapping the Year of Literature.
9. Reuters: Ukraine health system in danger of collapse as reforms stall.