RUSSIA & UKRAINE: JRL 2015-#74 table of contents with links :: Johnson’s Russia List – Tuesday PM, April 14, 2015
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#74 :: Tuesday PM 14 April 2015
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
JRL homepage: russialist.org
JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist
JRL on Twitter: twitter.com/JohnsonRussiaLi
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php
1. Reuters: War and poverty bring doubt to heartland of Ukraine’s pro-Europe revolt.
2. The Independent (UK): Ukraine crisis: After the bullets and shells, it is red tape causing a million refugees to suffer. International aid-workers say bureaucracy is strangling efforts to provide those in need with care.
3. Interfax: Normandy Quartet calls for withdrawal of artillery and heavy weapons below 100mm in Donbass.
4. New York Times: Rival Factions in Ukraine Are Urged to Withdraw Heavy Weapons.
5. Moon of Alabama: Ukraine: Right Sector Breaks Ceasefire, Newsweek Smears Akhmetov.
6. Russia Insider: Jon Hellevig, It’s a Waiting Game in Donbass. What Comes Next?
7. Interfax-Ukraine: Russia continues to provide support to separatists – U.S. ambassador Pyatt.
8. TASS: No humanitarian assistance to south-east Ukraine from West – senior Russian diplomat.
9. The National Interest: Brian Milakovsky, Time for a ‘Lousy’ Peace in Ukraine. The Donbas War has deepened and intensified divisions in Ukraine. The longer it drags on, the less likely a political reconciliation becomes.
10. Mashable.com: Christopher Miller, After war, Ukraine’s soldiers face a fight with an internal enemy.
11. Russia Insider: Cosmin Dzsurdzsa, The State of Education in Eastern Ukraine. Students and faculty in the East have been entirely abandoned by the Kiev government.
12. Christian Science Monitor: Fred Weir, Do Ukraine’s new nationalist laws justify Kremlin’s criticism? Kiev has passed new laws that outlaw communist symbols and honor Ukrainian nationalists connected to Nazis and ethnic cleansing during World War II. Experts say the timing could not be worse.
13. http://readrussia.com: Mark Adomanis, Ukraine’s Ban on “Communist Propaganda”
14. Sputnik: Kiev Thinking Twice About ‘Banning Communism’
15. TASS: Ukraine needs $217mn to abolish Soviet names – expert.
16. To Inform is to Influence: Joel Harding, Kharkiv terrorists vow to kill five civilians per demolished Soviet monument.
17. Time.com: Simon Shuster, Why Ukraine Still Can’t Break Ties With Russian ‘Aggressor State’
18. Antiwar.com: Vladimir Golstein, Politics, Bullshit, and Ukraine.
19. Counterpunch.org: Gary Leupp, It’s Becoming Apparent. Ukraine: The Truth.
20. Comment: Re: 2015-#72-Johnson’s Russia List/#45. Rossiyskaya Gazeta: Senior Russian judge claims legal justification for Crimea annexation. (Valeriy Zorkin).