RUSSIA & UKRAINE: JRL 2015-#46 table of contents with links :: Sunday 8 March 2015
Johnson’s Russia List JRL 2015-#46 :: Sunday 8 March 2015
A project of the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
JRL homepage: russialist.org
JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist
JRL on Twitter: twitter.com/JohnsonRussiaLi
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php
1. Russia Direct: Legvold and Trenin: How to fix the US-Russian relationship. At a recent symposium hosted by Tufts University, two leading Russia experts – Robert Legvold and Dmitri Trenin – discussed the future of the U.S.-Russia relationship and what it will take to solve the Ukrainian crisis.
2. Der Spiegel: Breedlove’s Bellicosity. Berlin Alarmed by Aggressive NATO Stance on Ukraine.
3. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, Breedlove.
4. Reuters: EU shows little appetite for more Russia sanctions.
5. Reuters: International focus turns to bolstering Ukraine ceasefire.
6. http://reconsideringrussia.org: Pietro A. Shakarian, Equalization and Dehumanization in Eastern Ukraine.
7. CNN.com: Radoslaw Rzehak, Ukraine suffering the world doesn’t see.
8. The Atlantic Council of Canada: Culpability and the Path Forward in Ukraine: Perspectives from a Symposium.
9. Business New Europe: Fallen heroes replaced by unlikely new ones in turbulent post-revolution Ukraine. One year after the Ukrainian revolution, a Soviet-era prosecutor is becoming a hero of the post-revolutionary camp, while Maidan heroes fall by the wayside.
10. The Motley Fool: War in Ukraine: Is America Covertly Supplying Weapons?
11. AP: Ukraine industry seeks ties with West, but buckles in crisis.
12. Bloomberg: Leonid Bershidsky, Ukraine’s Economy Is Worse Than It Looks.
13. AFP: Sweetening gloomy Russia, one chocolate bar at a time.
14. Business New Europe: Ben Aris, Has the Russian equity market turned the corner? So far in 2015 Russia has been one of the best performing equity markets, up 15% year-to-date, following three straight weeks of inflows following the Minsk II ceasefire agreement signed in February.
15. Politkom.ru: Tatyana Stanovaya, Russia and Ukraine: On the verge of a new gas war?
16. Reuters: Two charged with Nemtsov killing include Chechen officer: report.
17. www.rt.com: 5 suspects arrested over Nemtsov murder, 1 ‘confessed’ – court.
18. The Vineyard of the Saker: Could there be a grain of truth in the Ukrainian propaganda?
19. Novaya Gazeta: Analysts dissect Ukraine’s data on Russian military fighting in Donbass – paper.