RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents & links :: JRL 2020-#67 :: Monday, 13 April 2020
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2020-#67 :: Monday, 13 April 2020
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL Home: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
1. Sarah Lindemann-Komarova: Part Two COVID-19 Siberia: Life in the Village. March 29- April 4 “Non-work Week #1” in Manjerok, Altai Republic.
2. TASS: Putin: coronavirus situation in Russia not changing for better – tass.com/society/1144045
3. Kremlin.ru: Meeting on sanitary and epidemiologic situation in Russia – en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/63194
4. TASS: Putin lacks real-life communication – Kremlin.
5. Moscow Times: Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News | April 13.
6. Moscow Times: How Do Moscow’s Coronavirus Lockdown Passes Work?
7. www.rt.com: As restrictions spread across Europe, 69% of Muscovites willing to sacrifice rights to defeat coronavirus – poll – rt.com/russia/485691-sacrifice-rights-defeat-coronavirus/
8. Russian International Affairs Council; Andrey Kortunov, For Our Unfreedom and Yours! – russiancouncil.ru/en/analytics-and-comments/analytics/for-our-unfreedom-and-yours/
9. Facebook: Fred Weir, Grocery Supplies.
10. TASS: Russia’s GDP may decline 5% in 2020 if quarantine measures extended.
11. www.rt.com: Russian unemployment may more than TRIPLE due to business shutdown amid coronavirus quarantine – rt.com/business/485648-russian-unemployment-triple-coronavirus/
12. TASS: Russia’s economic recovery will begin in Q3 of 2020, expert says.
13. AP: Coronavirus Upends Putin’s Political Agenda in Russia.
14. Paul Goble: Referendum on Russian Constitutional Amendments Raises Ever More Questions.
15. The National Interest: Charlie Gao, What Happens if Putin Gets Coronavirus? Who take over the Russian Government? What is the line of succession?
16. The National Interest: Judy Twigg, Russia’s Coronavirus Response Reveals Its Strengths and Weaknesses. Some of Russia’s inherent structural and demographic factors may help it cope. Others put it at a disadvantage.
17. The National Interest: Stratfor, Here’s What Will Happen If Putin Rules Russia for 12 More Years. Who would come next eventually?
18. Awful Avalanche: Covid vs Tuberculosis: Did The Commies Do Something Right? – awfulavalanche.wordpress.com/2020/04/12/covid-vs-tuberculosis-did-the-commies-do-something-right/
19. TASS: Kommersant: Russia embarks on largest ever reduction in oil output.
20. Reuters: Russia Hails Oil Deal It Says Will Save Millions of U.S. Jobs.
21. Bloomberg: Putin Makes Painful Climbdown as He Sues for Peace in Oil War.
22. Indian Punchline: M.K. Bhadrakumar, Why the OPEC+ deal is a many-splendoured thing.
23. Forbes: Ken Silverstein, Could The Pandemic Lead To Better U.S.-Russia Relations And Ultimately Improve Energy Economics?
24. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, Faked crucifixion of Dmytro Bulatov.
25. Awful Avalanche:: Will Tatyana Chernovol Be Charged With Murder? – awfulavalanche.wordpress.com/2020/04/13/will-tatyana-chernovol-be-charged-with-murder/
26. The New Kremlin Stooge: Mark Chapman, Where Are They Now? Ukrainian Patriot Edition. – thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com/2020/04/12/where-are-they-now-ukrainian-patriot-edition/#more-686
27. Facebook: Dmitry Babich, Russian studies in the West.
28. Washington Post: Russia’s state-backed media uses the pandemic to spin anti-Western views. They are not alone.
29. New York Times: William Broad, Putin’s Long War Against American Science. A decade of health disinformation promoted by President Vladimir Putin of Russia has sown wide confusion, hurt major institutions and encouraged the spread of deadly illnesses.
30. The Hill: Kevin Brock, AG Barr just signaled that things are about to get ugly for the Russia collusion team.