RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents & links :: JRL 2019-#98 :: Sunday, 23 June 2019
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2019-#98 :: Sunday, 23 June 2019
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL Home: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
1. Moscow Times: The Key Quotes of Putin’s Annual Question and Answer Session.
2. Meduza: Putin’s 2019 ‘Direct Line,’ in a nutshell Russia’s president spoke on national TV for four hours, but you can read this summary in five minutes.
3. www.rt.com: Putin: Criticism of power has to be free and unimpeded.
4. www.rt.com: Unfunny comedians, freedom of speech and aliens: Top answers from Putin’s epic Q&A.
5. Paul Goble: Putin’s ‘Direct Line’ Underscored Yawning Gulf between Kremlin and the Population, Analysts Say.
6. Sputnik: Hard to Imagine Any Other Leader Who Feels Responsible for Every Problem – Journo on Putin’s Q&A. (with Fred Weir) – sputniknews.com/analysis/201906201075991273-leader-who-feels-responsible-for-every-problem/ [Fred Weir: “My interview with Sputnik yesterday. My policy on this is that I will talk to anyone, as long as they don’t meddle with my answers. Sputnik has always been OK that way.”]
7. Kremlin.ru: Direct Line with Vladimir Putin. (partial transcript)
8. Kremlin.ru: Answers to journalists’ questions following Direct Line.