Khodorkovsky’s son says has no official info on ‘third Yukos case’
(Interfax – MOSCOW, June 17, 2013) The family of Mikhail Khodorkovsky has no information on the possible third criminal case against the former Yukos CEO.
“No charges have been filed, and the Investigations Committee and the prosecutors have not sent anything yet. However, I know what they say about the questioning of experts who stated their opinion on the second case. Many people believe this indicates that something is starting under the carpet,” Mikhail Khodorkovsky’s son Pavel Khodorkovsky said in an interview with Deutsche Welle. The text of the interview was posted on the website of the press center for Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Platon Lebedev.
Pavel Khodorkovsky said his father expects to walk free in 2014. “He says he is looking forward to October 2014. However, he realizes that the risks increase as this date nears. The Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing on the reversal of the Moscow court decision for August 6. The press release says the reduction of his term by the Moscow court is not quite legal. This means that the reduction of the prison terms of my father and Platon Lebedev will be minimal,” Pavel Khodorkovsky said.
After Sergei Guriev, rector of the Moscow-based New economic School, left Russia in late May, some media reported on a new criminal case against Mikhail Khodorkovsky.
Guriev is a member of the expert council under the Russian government and a member of the personnel policy council under the Moscow City Hall. The HRC earlier engaged Guriev as an expert on the second criminal case concerning Yukos. Following his own analysis, Guriev said former Yukos head Mikhail Khodorkovsky had been convicted unlawfully.