Interfax: Netherlands: Investigators so far don’t confirm finding Buk parts on MH17 crash site in Donbass
(Interfax – August 12, 2015)
The international group of investigators conducting the criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the Malaysian Boeing crash in Donbas does not confirm finding fragments of a surface-to-air missile Buk on the crash site in Donbass, the Dutch National Public Prosecutor’s Office reported.
It is now too early to draw conclusions that the found fragments are related to the Buk system, spokesman for the Dutch National Public Prosecutor’s Office Wim de Bruin told Interfax on Aug. 12.
The Dutch prosecutors continue the investigation, he added.
The investigators have yet to determine whether these fragments belong to the Buk system and from where exactly the missile was launched, he said.
According to earlier reports, the Dutch Safety Board said the international group of specialists, in charge of the criminal investigation into the July 2014 crash of the Malaysian Boeing in eastern Ukraine, is studying some details that may be related to the missile fired from a surface-to-air missile system Buk.