RUSSIA & UKRAINE: JRL 2015-#69 table of contents with links :: Johnson’s Russia List – Tuesday PM, April 7, 2015
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#69 :: Tuesday 7 April 2015
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
JRL homepage: russialist.org
JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist
JRL on Twitter: twitter.com/JohnsonRussiaLi
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php
1. Kyiv Post: A group of lawmakers wants Yatsenyuk corruption charges investigated.
2. TASS: Kiev security forces mass as crowds demand PM quits.
3. TASS: Political tricks let Ukraine’s officials divert attention from falling ratings – expert. A collapse of Yatsenyuk’s ratings from 22% to 4% make him resort to political tricks, like spiraling up anti-communist hysteria in a bid to divert attention from destructive actions of the authorities
4. Moscow Times: Putin Refused Poroshenko’s Offer to ‘Take Donbass’ – Forbes.
5. RIA Novosti: Putin’s remarks on Ukraine were distorted, says Russian business union head.
6. Interfax-Ukraine: Ukrainian diplomat says president did not offer Donbass to Putin.
7. Interfax: Poroshenko ready for referendum on Ukraine’s state system.
8. Interfax: Ukraine’s rebels say unitary state, single language “unacceptable”
9. New York Times: Ukrainian Leader Is Open to a Vote on Regional Power
10. TASS: Analysts: Ukraine’s constitutional reform is one year late.
11. TASS: Kiev’s pressure ‘alienates’ people in east Ukraine – poll.
12. AFP: Ukraine far-right leader made army advisor in move to control militias.
13. www.rt.com: ‘Kiev govt owes its existence to Maidan extremists, not voters.’ (interview with Dmitry Babich)
14. AFP: On anniversary of Ukraine war, shelling still shattering lives.
15. Bloomberg: Soviet-Era Survival Instincts Kick in for Ukrainians.
16. www.opendemocracy.net: Anna Yalovkina, Life behind the blockade in the Donetsk People’s Republic. The closure of the border between Ukraine and the Donetsk People’s Republic has divided communities, leaving people short of food and medicines.
17. Voices of Ukraine: Dmitry Tymchuk: A few words about the current situation in the ATO zone.
18. Ivan Katchanovski: An Interview with Al Jazeera . Concerning Far Right Militia and Paramilitary Battalions and Other Formations in Ukraine.
19. Russia Insider/Liva: Victor Shapinov, Why Ukraine Civil War Continues: Kiev Will Only Accept Rebel Surrender. East Ukraine is in no mood to accept unconditional surrender, but that is all the government in Kiev is actually offering – despite promising something else in Minsk.
20. Reuters: Ukraine challenges oligarchs’ grip on energy companies.
21. Dances With Bears: John Helmer, IGOR KOLOMOISKY’S SNOW JOB – CYPRUS MONEY-LAUNDERING UNIT RESPONDS TO UKRAINIAN REPORTS, KOLOMOISKY IN US NEGOTIATIONS.
22. IMF: David Lipton, The Case for Supporting Ukrainian Economic Reforms.
23. Sputnik: Ukraine’s Civil War: First Hand Account of Policeman Betrayed by Generals.
24. The Globe and Mail (Canada): Controversial Ukrainian-born pianist dropped from TSO concerts. (Valentina Lisitsa)
25. Moscow Times: Ukraine to Help Russia Launch Space Rockets Despite Ban on Defense Cooperation.
26. OffGuardian: Tim Garton Ash: “Ukraine is a toxic failure – but let’s blame Putin.”
27. Kyiv Post: J. Michael Waller, Ukraine’s secret weapon.
28. New York Review of Books: Tim Judah, Ukraine: Two Poets in the War.