RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-94 :: Tuesday, 16 May 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#94
Tuesday, 16 May 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Russia Beyond the Headlines: Phoebe Taplin, Is all of Russian literature a chamber pot? A new English anthology of the formerly censored writer Daniil Kharms showcases the outstanding Soviet surrealist’s views on everything from Tolstoy to Russian literature itself and, of course, love.
2. www.rt.com: Putin undecided on what melody to play for Trump.
3. Kremlin.ru: Replies to journalists’ questions. Vladimir Putin answered media questions following a working visit to the People’s Republic of China. (transcript continued)
4. Intellinews.com: Natalia Antonova, Putin’s main weakness is voters’ passivity.
5. Russian and Eurasian Politics; Gordon Hahn, The Fall of Dmitry Medvedev.
6. www.rt.com: Justice Ministry working on all-encompassing register of Russian citizens.
7. Reuters: Russia Says Key Goal Is to Bring Global Oil Stocks Down to Five-Year Average.
8. Irrussianality: Paul Robinson, TURBANS AND PROPAGANDA.
9. History News Network: Walter Moss, Putin’s Not Making It Easy, but We Need to Understand How He Views NATO and the US.
10. Russia Beyond the Headlines: How Putin plans to cash in on the One Belt One Road initiative. At the Belt Road Forum in Beijing, Vladimir Putin once again reaffirmed his personal relations with Xi Jinping without getting into economic specifics. But still, the Russian President managed to get special attention. Russia needs to be satisfied with its political gains from the forum, experts told RBTH.
11. www.rt.com: Pepe Escobar, Putin aligns with Xi in crafting the new world (trade) order.
12. Valdai Discussion Club: Georgy Toloraya, A CHINESE SILK NOOSE.
13. Russia Matters: Simon Saradzhyan, A Sino-Russian Military-Political Alliance Would Be Bad News for America.
14. Consortiumnews.com: Robert Parry, The Push for Trump’s Impeachment. Establishment voices are escalating their calls for President Trump’s impeachment, even without any public evidence that his campaign colluded with Russia.
15. http://exiledonline.com: Mark Ames, RUSSIA BLOG #6: THE FBI HAS NO LEGAL CHARTER BUT LOTS OF KOMPROMAT.
16. Russia Insider: We’ve Just Seen the Biggest Cyber Attack Ever and Russia Wasn’t to Blame. How Come? After all the ‘Russia hacking’ accusations the biggest cyber attack ever was carried out with code which originated with the NSA. Imagine all the mad theories if the tools had come from Russian spooks and US was the biggest victim.
17. Washington Post: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador.