RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-6 :: Saturday, 7 January 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#6
Saturday, 7 January 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. www.rt.com: Moscow celebrates despite coldest Christmas night ‘in 120 years.’
2. Facebook: Fred Weir, On the Joint Assessment.
3. Moscow Times: Kevin Rothrock, American Unintelligence on Russia. Washington’s long-awaited, deeply disappointing assessment of alleged meddling by the Kremlin.
4. The National Interest editorial: Barack Obama: Stop Insulting Our Intelligence on Hacking. The more the Russian hacking episode is politicized for domestic purposes, the less likely it is that Americans will ever know what really happened.
5. The Intercept: Sam Biddle, UNDERWHELMING INTEL REPORT SHOWS NEED FOR CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION OF DNC HACK.
6. www.thedailybeast.com: KIMBERLY DOZIER, NOAH SHACHTMAN, and MICHAEL WEISS, U.S. Spy Report Blames Putin for Hacks, But Doesn’t Back It Up. The long-awaited public report on Russia’s role in the DNC hack accused the Kremlin of working to elect Trump-without providing much new information to prove it.
7. Wired: FBI SAYS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WOULDN’T LET AGENTS SEE THE HACKED EMAIL SERVERS.
8. Buzzfeed.com: DNC: That Fight With FBI Over Hacked Servers Was All A Misunderstanding. Democratic Party officials say the public spat over their hacked servers was a miscommunication.
9. www.consortiumnews.com: Robert Parry, US Report Still Lacks Proof on Russia ‘Hack.’ Despite mainstream media acceptance, the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment on alleged Russian “hacking” still lacks hard public evidence, a case of “trust-us” by politicized spy agencies.
10. Facebook: Natalia Antonova, Be very, very angry.
11. www.rt.com: RT stars in ODNI report on ‘Russian activities and intentions’ in US presidential election.
12. www.rt.com: ‘No new evidence of Russian hacking, contractors behind initial claims must be probed.’ (Jeffrey Carr)
13. www.rt.com: ‘US intel community lost professional discipline’: Ex-NSA tech director on ‘Russia hacking’ report. (William Binney)
14. Wall Street Journal: Report Casts Light on TV Channel’s Role in Russia’s Propaganda Efforts. Intelligence document says RT aired reports about Hillary Clinton’s leaked emails and media bias against Donald Trump.