RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-33 :: Wednesday, 15 February 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#33
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, #Russian and #Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Russia Beyond the Headlines: Why there will be no revolution in Russia. Exclusive report from St. Petersburg, the cradle of the 1917 Revolution.
2. Russia Direct: Eugene Bai, Russia’s euphoria about Donald Trump already fading. Less than one month since Donald Trump’s inauguration, Moscow has already become less delusional about the odds of improving relations with Washington. With Trump expecting Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine and reduce violence in Donbas, it’s now time to prepare for reality.
3. www.rt.com: US media reports of Trump links to Russian intelligence ‘laughable, cite no facts’ – Kremlin.
4. The Hill: Flynn denies talking sanctions with Russia.
5. Washington Post: Callum Borchers, Two explosive reports on Trump and Russia. Zero on-the-record sources.
6. The Week: Damon Linker, America’s spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.
7. Bloomberg: Eli Lake, The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn.
9. Forbes.com: Kenneth Rapoza, Flynn Resignation Shows Russia Still A ‘Virus’ In Washington.
10. Sputnik: The Crimean Issue: What’s Really Behind Trump’s Message to Russia.
11. Moscow Times: Elizaveta Osetinskaya, Why Putin Would Not Build the Wall With Mexico. There are some crucial differences between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin when it comes to immigration policy.
12. Interfax: Claims of Snowden’s possible extradition to U.S. absurd – Russian Foreign Ministry.
13. Russian International Affairs Council: Ilya Kramnik, Nuclear Agreements and Capabilities in 2017.
14. Valdai Discussion Club: Timofei Bordachev, TO RUSSIA’S FRIENDS IN ASIA AND BEYOND.
15. Russian and Eurasian Politics: Gordon Hahn, Can a Trump Sino-Russian Rift Strategy Work?
16. Intellinews.com: Mark Galeotti, Belarus tests limits of Russian confidence.
17. Counterpunch.org: Melvin Goodman, Flynn, Russia and the World of Conspiracy Thinking.
18. www.rt.com: Danielle Ryan, A disastrous combination: Trump’s ego and the media’s God complex.
19. Paul Goble: End of Kremlin’s Dream of ‘Big Deal’ with Trump Makes Putin More Dangerous Not Less.