RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-220 :: Monday, 20 November 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#219
Friday, 17 November 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Rasmussen Reports: Most Prefer Russia As A Friend, Not An Enemy. (US poll)
2. www.rt.com: Putin motorcade threatened by 50 false bomb alerts from ‘telephone terrorists’
3. Moscow Times: Most Russians Hold Putin Responsible for Country’s Problems – Poll.
4. Forbes.com: Kenneth Rapoza, Rumors Fly About The ‘Last Year Of Putin’
5. www.rt.com: Bryan MacDonald, ‘Scoop’ based on Moscow rumors, another low in British media coverage of Russia.
6. Reuters: Putin Plan to Rejuvenate Russian Politics Makes Slow Progress.
7. Russia Beyond: Does Vladimir Putin have any true friends?
8. Vesti.ru: Veteran Liberal Opposition Leader Yavlinsky Lays Out Political Platform for Run Against Putin.
9. www.rt.com: Top Russian Freemason announces multi-party primaries ahead of 2018 election.
10. Valdai Discussion Club: LOGIC OF TRANSFORMATION VS. LOGIC OF EXPANSION: WHAT AWAITS THE WORLD ORDER? (re new book by Richard Sakwa)
11. Eurozine.com: Maxim Trudolyubov, News inside the bubble: Why do most Russians still watch state TV?
12. Rossiya One news with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8MaD6gQscto_Nq1i49iew/featured
13. Irrussianality: Paul Robinson, INTERVIEW WITH EGOR KHOLMOGOROV.
14. Moscow Times: Emily Erken, A Billionaire Is Trying to Ignite a Revolution in Russian Education. Moscow’s outskirts will soon house a school that pledges to foster Russia’s future leaders.
15. https://halfreeman.wordpress.com: Hal Freeman, SCHOOLS IN RUSSIA.
16. Russia Beyond: Is Russia a rich country or a poor one?
17. Intellinews.com: Ben Aris, Russia’s banking sector recovers after a catastrophic summer and is back in profit – just.
18. Moscow Times: Emily Ferris, How Russia’s Foreign Agent Law Cracks Down on U.S. Media. The new bill is unlikely to extend beyond specific U.S. media.
19. Voice of American: US Envoy to Russia Slams Moscow’s Pending Curbs on US-funded News Outlets.
20. Russia International Affairs Council/Center for Strategic and International Studies: Andrey Kortunov and Olga Oliker, Policy Priorities in U.S.-Russia Relations.
21. www.rt.com: Bryan MacDonald, State Department claims that Russia is stronger than EU is blatant disinformation.
22. www.strategic-culture.org: Patrick Armstrong, NATO: a Dangerous Paper Tiger.
23. Valdai Discussion Club: ECONOMIC COOPERATION BETWEEN RUSSIA, INDIA AND CHINA: NEW OPPORTUNITIES. (Alexander Morozov, Alok Raj, Georgy Toloraya, Yaroslav Lissovolik)
24. www.newcoldwar.org: Bombshell revelations in Italian television documentary of sniper shootings at Maidan Square, February 20, 2014, staged to provoke a coup d’etat. (excerpt)
25. Kyiv Post: Top prosecutor says all EuroMaidan investigations stopped due to legal obstacles.
26. RFE/RL: Saakashvili Tells Protesters In Kyiv He Is Ready To Become Ukraine’s Prime Minister.
27. Vesti.ru: Legendary Russian Ambassador Kislyak Explains How He Personally Helped Steal US Elections.
28. Washington Times: Rowan Scarborough, Democrats cling to dubious Russia dossier in scheme to bring Trump’s downfall.
29. Washington Post: Fred Hiatt, Did Putin get taken for a ride? Hardly. America’s retreat from the global stage in the Trump era is a win for Russia, but Americans still have the power to push back.
30. Paul Goble: Putin’s Meddling in US Elections Backfiring on His Own Allies at Home and on Americans Who Helped Them, Shevtsova Says.
31. New York Post: Paul Sperry, Here are some of the biggest myths of the Russian-collusion story.
32. http://theduran.com: Alexander Mercouris, This new book shows the future of the US. Review of a collection of essays on Russian-American relations 2015 – 2017 by one of the US’s top Russia experts. (re Gilbert Doctorow)
33. National Press Club: Book Presentation: “Does the United States Have a Future?” By Gilbert Doctorow. (December 7 in Washington)