RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-212 :: Wednesday, 8 November 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#212
Wednesday, 8 November 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
3. Rethinking Russia: Alexander Konkov, Russian Revolution and Its Centenary: No Longer Politics, Not Yet History.
4. Russia Beyond: Dive into the Russian Revolution on its 100th anniversary with RT’s new project.
5. Moscow Times: Communist Party Leader Zyuganov Says He’s Not Running for President (Yet).
6. www.rt.com: Echo of Aurora salvo: Russian Communists ask longtime leader to join presidential race.
7. New York Times: Communists Mark Russian Revolution’s Centenary in Moscow.
8. Russia Reviewed: Human Rights in Russia: Citizens and the State from Perestroika to Putin by Mary McAuley.
9. Paul Goble: Russians Protest More but Still Seldom Politically – and Regime Ignores Them, New Study Says.
10. TASS: Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Russian economics swaying demographics.
11. Intellinews.com: Adrien Henni, What the “Paradise Papers” missed: the Kremlin tech investment portfolio.
12. Interfax: North Atlantic Alliance inflating “threat from the East” – Russian envoy to NATO Grushko.
13. Interfax:Russia increases military presence in strategic areas of globe – General Staff chief.
14. Russian International Affairs Council: Igor Ivanov, One Year after the U.S. Presidential Elections.
15. www.rt.com: Trump-Putin meeting in Vietnam ‘highly likely’ – Kremlin.
16. The National Interest: Paul Saunders, Can Efforts to Protect American Democracy End up Threatening It? The investigations may actually help Russian president Vladimir Putin to expand his influence and reach, even as they deny the United States the ability to pursue vital national security interests.
17. The Real News: Congress’s ‘Show Trial’ of Big Tech over Russia. (interview with Yasha Levine)
18. Forbes.com: Jay McGregor, Online Activism Has Been Left In Ruins After Russia Probe.
19. Gateway Pundit: Journalists Suspected Of Taking Bribes To Spread “Russian Collusion” Fake News.
20. Washington Post editorial: These are the questions to ask about the Trump-Russia connection.
21. Wall Street Journal: Holman Jenkins, Who Leaked the Paradise Papers? Is the consortium of journalists fronting for an intelligence agency?
22. Valdai Discussion Club: Oleg Barabanov, FUTURE CONFLICTS: NOT JUST GEOPOLITICS.
23. TASS: Kommersant: Ukrainian parliament pushes to sever official ties with Russia.
24. The Nation: Keith Gessen, The New Thinking. Mikhail Gorbachev set out to transform the Soviet Union from within. What happened?
25. Wall Street Journal: David Satter, 100 Years of Communism-and 100 Million Dead. The Bolshevik plague that began in Russia was the greatest catastrophe in human history.
26. Washington Post: Ilya Somin, Lessons from a century of communism.
27. The Unz Review: Anatoly Karlin, The Real Lenin: Traitor, Parasite, Failure.