RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-120 :: Tuesday, 27 June 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#120
Tuesday, 27 June 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. TASS: Poll indicates majority of Russians support criminalizing drug use.
2. Kremlin.ru: Meeting with Federation Council Speaker Valentina Matviyenko. (excerpt re NGOs)
3. Intellinews.com: Christopher Stakhovsky, Is Russia on the cusp of a green revolution?
4. Financial Times: Russia taps strong demand for emerging market debt. Bond sales hit post-sanctions high as investors scramble for yield.
5. Valdai Discussion Club: Vladimir Vasiliev, ECONOMIC SANCTIONS AS THE QUINTESSENCE OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S CARROT AND STICK APPROACH.
6. Washington Post: Luke Mackle, The Senate wants tough new sanctions against Russia, but key U.S. allies are furious. Here’s why.
7. European Leadership Network: Open Letter to President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin. (Des Browne, Wolfgang Ischinger, Igor Ivanov, Sam Nunn)
8. Newsweek.com: TRUMP WILL START ‘NO WIN ARMS RACE’ WITH RUSSIA BY SCRAPPING NUCLEAR MISSILE DEAL, WARNS MOSCOW’S DEFENSE COMMITTEE CHIEF.
9. Paul Goble: Moscow Media Report that West Wants to Dismember Russia Dismissed by Russian Experts.
10. Valdai Discussion Club: EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION: RECENT TRENDS AND PROSPECTS.
11. Kennan Institute: Stacy Closson, Kennan Cable No.24: Russian Foreign Policy in the Arctic: Balancing Cooperation and Competition.
12. www.rt.com: Bryan MacDonald, Blacked-out Volgas & the KGB: A modern Russian ‘spy story’
13. TASS: Russian intelligence chief extols covert operatives as cream of the crop.
14. AP: With a Year to Go, Russia’s World Cup Faces Challenges.
15. www.rt.com: Every Russia player’s World Cup 2014 doping probe negative, despite reports – FIFA.
16. Awful Avalanche: International Ballet Competition in Moscow – Warning Signs – Part VI.
17. Bloomberg: Ukraine Says There’s No Evidence of Illicit Payments to Manafort.
18. Washington Times: CNN producer, caught on camera: Russia-Trump ‘mostly bulls-‘
19. Politico.com: Feds won’t release redacted intelligence report on Russian election meddling
20. Sputnik: Up to 30% of All Cyberattacks Targeting Russia Originate From US – Russian MP.
21. New York Times editorial: Tweeting, Not Leading, the Response to Russian Hacking.
22. The Cipher Brief: Michael Morrell, Putin Aiming for Our Democracy.