RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2017-12 :: Sunday, 15 January 2017
To inquire about a subscription to the full Johnson’s Russia List e-mail newsletter, e-mail David Johnson at email@example.com
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2017-#12
Sunday, 15 January 2017
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or The George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributionswhinin from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. The Guardian (UK): Luke Harding, Soviet dissident had thousands of child abuse images, UK court told. Vladimir Bukovsky downloaded indecent images and films over 15-year period, Cambridge crown court hears.
2. New York Times: Andrew Higgins, Foes of Russia Say Child Pornography Is Planted to Ruin Them.
3. McClatchy newspapers: Intelligence panel chair asks why Democrats denied FBI access after Russian hacking. (excerpt)
4. McClatchy newspapers: Russian tech expert named in Trump report says US intelligence never contacted him.
5. www.washingtonsblog.com: George Eliason, Why Crowdstrike’s Russian Hacking Story Fell Apart- Say Hello to Fancy Bear.
6. www.washingtonsblog.com: George Eliason, Why Crowdstrike’s Russian Hacking Story Fell Apart 2 The DNI Report Faked Sources.
7. New York Times: Masha Gessen, Lessons From Russia: Verify Everything, Don’t Publish Rumors.
8. Counterpunch.org: Patrick Cockburn, The Russian Dossier Reminds Me of the Row Over Saddam’s WMDs.
9. Consortiumnews.com: Gareth Porter, Mainstream Media’s Russian BogeymenThe mainstream hysteria over Russia has led to dubious or downright false stories that have deepened the New Cold War, as Gareth Porter notes regarding last month’s bogus tale of a hack into the U.S. electric grid.
10. https://turningpointnews.org: Hack Everything Special Report. Hack Everything is an 85 page detailed Timeline of the DNC Hack.