RUSSIA & UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#188 :: Monday 28 September 2015
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2015-#188
Monday – 28 September 2515
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or the George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org
JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist
JRL on Twitter: twitter.com/JohnsonRussiaLi
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Open Society Foundations to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
1. CBSNews.com: All eyes on Putin. At a time of icy relations with the U.S., Russian President Vladimir Putin gives a rare — and surprising — interview to 60 Minutes.
2. Kremlin.ru: Interview to American TV channel CBS and PBS.
3. TASS: Putin pledges to improve Russian political system so that people may influence authorities.
4. Washington Post: James Hohmann and Elise Viebeck, The Daily 202: Putin trolls Obama ahead of United Nations showdown.
5. Washington Post: Andrew Roth, Live from New York: It’s Putin Speech Bingo.
6. Washington Post: Daniel Treisman, Searching for the roots of Russia’s aggression.
7. New York Times: Steven Lee Myers, Putin’s Credo: Never Let Them See You Sweat.
8. The National Interest: Zalmay Khalilzad, Face-to-Face: Obama Meets Putin. “The likelihood of negotiating settlements in Ukraine and Syria could be increased if President Obama uses the meeting with Putin to underscore a reality to Putin: Russia is exposed.”
9. Kyiv Post: Brian Bonner, That was one lousy interview with Putin, Charlie Rose.