UKRAINE – Johnson’s Russia List table of contents :: JRL 2016-98 :: Monday PM, 30 May 2016
Johnson’s Russia List :: JRL 2016-#98
Monday PM, 30 May 2016
A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs
The contents do not necessarily represent the views of IERES or the George Washington University.
JRL homepage: russialist.org – JRL on Facebook: facebook.com/russialist – JRL on Twitter: @JohnsonRussiaLi
Support for JRL is provided in part by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to the George Washington University and by voluntary contributions from readers.
Support JRL: russialist.org/funding.php – Donate Online: direct link
1. Fort Russ: “Right Sector” Vows to Disrupt LGBT Pride Parade in Kiev.
2. Kremlin.ru: Joint press conference with Prime Minister of Greece Alexis Tsipras (excerpt re Ukraine)
3. Russia Beyond the Headlines: Savchenko swap: Will there now be a breakthrough in Moscow-Kiev relations? Some believe that the exchange of Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko for two Russians who participated in the armed conflict in the Donbass, is a sign of an upcoming improvement in Ukrainian-Russian relations. RBTH spoke to several analysts to find out if there are grounds to think so and looked at the main scenarios for how relations between Moscow and Kiev could develop over the situation i
4. Reuters: Freed by Russia, Ukraine’s ‘Joan of Arc’ may be thorn in own leaders’ side.
5. Facebook: Ivan Katchanovski, Savchenko.
6. Ukraine Today (Kyiv): Could Poroshenko’s flattery tarnish Nadiya Savchenko’s political career? American political analysts comment on war hero’s potential presidential aspirations.
7. Russia Insider: Mark Nicholas, Will Savchenko Be Assassinated by Ukraine? Has Putin just set himself up for a major propaganda blow?
9. Interfax-Ukraine: Experts see no progress in overcoming crisis in Ukraine, predict ‘disturbing events’ in politics.
9. www.rt.com: Poroshenko appoints former NATO chief Rasmussen ‘non-staff adviser’
10. UNIAN (Kyiv): Ukrainian president states conditions for Donbass elections.
11. www.rt.com: Bryan MacDonald, The madness of Kiev: Ukrainian regime bans Gorby, Western media ignore story.
12. Sputnik: Ukraine Invents ‘Stinging Rebuttal’ to Avoid Paying Off Debt to Russia.
13. US-Russia Business Council: Russia Pursues New Gas Pipeline Bypassing Ukraine.
14. Washington Post editorial: On Ukraine, the E.U. should not follow Russia’s script.
15. Ukraine Today (Kyiv): New museum in Dnipro recreates key battles in eastern Ukraine war.
16. Fort Russ: Numbers don’t lie: Report to the Council of Europe dismantles the narrative of “police brutality” during Maidan.
17. Paul Goble: Putin Invaded Ukraine to Deflect Russian Nationalist Threat to Himself, Demushkin Says.