Interfax: Inquiry against 5 people charged over Nemtsov’s murder completed
(Interfax – January 26, 2016)
The criminal investigation opened against five people charged over the killing of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov has been completed, a lawyer for one of the suspects told Interfax.
“The investigation has notified me today that the inquiry as part of this case has been completed,” lawyer Mussa Khadisov, who represents suspect Anzor Gubashev, said.
Khadisov also said that he had been summoned to the Russian Investigative Committee on Friday, in order to be officially notified of the completion of the inquiry.
Vadim Prokhorov, a lawyer for the aggrieved parties, has also been notified by investigators that the aggrieved parties will soon be invited to familiarize themselves with the case files.
“Most likely, in the coming days, we will be invited to the Investigative Committee, where we will be notified that the case [opened] against the five perpetrators of the crime has been spun off into a separate investigation. The case [opened] against those who ordered and masterminded [the crime] will continue,” Prokhorov told Interfax.
[featured image is file photo]